Dust pan, Canterbury, NH
Miniature dustpan of tin-plated sheet metal. Pan of one piece of tin-plate, corners soldered. Conical, closed handle surface soldered to pan back. Triangular reinforcement soldered to pan rim and handle top. A strap of tin rolled to provide hinge for hanging ring is soldered to handle closure but ring has been lost.
According to Eldress Emma B. King of the Canterbury Shakers, this dustpan belonged to Sister Philinda Miner, who was admitted to that community in 1844.